Sunday, January 26, 2014

Weekend Ups & Downs

↑ Thursday night Jason found out he had {another!} snow day on Friday!

↓ Two minutes after announcing how excited I was for the inevitable extra sleep I'd be getting that night, I heard the fateful gagging and whimpering of a sick kid.

↑ Gehrig only threw up once and, although it was a long night with kids lying sideways in our bed, at least it didn't turn into the plague of last winter {KNOCK ON WOOD KNOCK ON WOOD KNOCK ON WOOD}.

↓ Milo has yet to shock me with a full night of sleep and I realize it could be a whole lot worse, but I also feel like nine-months-old could be a great age for him to start sleeping all night long. Mama's tired.

↑ We decided on a whim to drive to Jason's parents' Friday night so they could watch the boys while we went on a date. Spontaneity for the win.

↓ It was fa-reezing that night and I wore heels anyway cuz date night doesn't come around much and as we were getting kids out of the car my prettied-up feet went knee-deep in a snowbank. Cold and maybe ruined shoes...

↑ Date night!! Potato skins, salad, wine, cheesecake, and uninterrupted conversation with my love. All so good.

↓ I will not complain about the weather. I will not complain about the weather. I will not...it's cold and my kid is sick of being inside. But we're dealing.

↑ We made it to church Sunday. Late wake-ups and cranky kids and sub-zero temperatures nearly deterred us, but we made it. It's important to counts these wins, I think.

All things considered, the ups win out this time. It was a good one. Hope yours was good, too! 

I'll leave you with the latest Milo video that makes me laugh every time. He does NOT like oatmeal.


No comments:

Post a Comment