Thursday, July 25, 2013

Dear Milo: Month 3

Dear Mi-Guy,

You have been here for three months already. How is that possible? You have pretty much been the perfect baby since day one, which we should have predicted since your arrival was almost exactly what I hoped it would be: quick, "easy," and peaceful. Isn't it fitting that the meaning of Milo is "peaceful"? Your dad and I didn't know that before we met you, but now I can't imagine a name being more appropriate.


There are so many things I love about you. On top of having the most kissable cheeks and gorgeous pouty lips, you are a champion sleeper, waking up twice per night, at most, with a 4 or 5 hour stretch thrown in there. That is an amazing gift for your mama. Thank you! What's most surprising to me is that when you do wake up, you don't cry. You just squirm a little and grunt until I pick you up, upon which you usually flash a big, gummy grin my way. 


You are extremely tolerant of your brother, who tends to bombard you with pokes, jabs, and baseballs thrown in your general direction. In fact, your first ever smile came when he was all up in your grill.  He loves you so much and I can already see your relationship start to develop into something amazing.



In the last couple weeks you have really started to giggle, especially when Dad talks to you or we tickle your excellent rolls. You push up during tummy time and you even rolled over both ways a couple days ago. All these milestones are happening quicker than I might like, but I also feel so lucky that I get to watch you grow. 


You have added so much love to our family. I can't imagine my world without you. 

Love forever and ever.

1 comment:

  1. The photos you included with this blog post already speak a thousand words and your love-filled letter is just the right amount of sweet frosting on the cake! Peaceful little "Smilo" has our whole extended family smitten with his sweetness. I can hardly wait to see you all again next week!

    ReplyDelete