Tuesday, May 31, 2016

All the Great Things


Today is potentially the last day of Jason's baseball season {if they lose...not that I'm hoping for that...I would never...}. Is it coincidence that I find myself in a really good mood? I don't know. I don't know how moods are formed. Gehrig did tell Jason he wants them to lose, "so that you can stay home with me and not go to baseball anymore." Anyway, I've got all the great things on my mind and I thought I'd share in case you're in the market for great things.

1. Curbside Pick-up!! Guys, my life changed a few weeks ago when I started ordering curbside pick-up groceries for the first time and it was amazing. If your local Meijer has it, use it! We live a little ways from the store, but I was still out my door with 3 kids {two not wearing shoes} and back home in 45 minutes with a trunk full of food and not a fuss from anyone, including me. I've done it a few times and can't imagine going back to shopping for myself. Ugh, I'm such a diva now.

2. Burt's Bees lipstick. I admittedly have an addiction to buying new lipsticks, but these are by far my favorite new find. They're comfortable to wear, smell great, made of all natural ingredients, and are pretty long-lasting without staining or drying out my lips. I want them in every color. It might be a problem.

3. ThredUp. I've used this for a couple years to clean out my closet and find new-to-me clothes, but I just got some really great stuff for super cheap, so I thought I'd share. You can send in a bag full of clothes for cash or store credit and shop for majorly-discounted items. I like it for getting higher-end brands that I wouldn't buy for full-price. Here's a referral code if you're inclined to get a $10 credit {and give me $10, too. No pressure.}.

4. Ebates. While we're at it, if you do a lot of online shopping and you're not using Ebates, you're missing out on some cash. It's free to use and you get cash back on all your purchases just by clicking through your Ebates account. Here's another referral with no pressure. But do it!

5. Jane the Virgin. Call me a high school girl, but I'm totally hooked on this show. Jason even likes it, although he's not a consistent viewer. It's ridiculously entertaining, telenovela style, with some great characters. I just watched the season 2 finale and realized that I need someone to talk to about it. Any takers??

What are some more great things I need to check out? Any books you'd recommend? Movies you love? I need to gear up for all the extra time I'll have when I get my husband back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment