Monday, March 5, 2012

Why This Blog?

I've always prided myself and my little family on being easy going and laid back. I've never really been high maintenance or anal retentive, which up until recently I thought was a great thing. Since having a baby, though, I have started to recognize how this might be seen as a flaw. And as my baby becomes less of a baby and more of a toddler, I'm starting to recognize areas of my life that could greatly benefit from a little anal retentiveness.

My days are often unpredictable with a 13-month old, so being flexible is a job requirement. But the time has come for me to establish some structure in my house. I'm not talking about nap or bedtimes...we've got those down. It's the little things...the habits...the patterns...that help make a house run more smoothly that I need to work on.

I plan on focusing on several different areas, including meals, budgets, home organization, and crafts. I'm sure more topics will come up along the way, but I think these will keep me occupied for a while!

I decided to start this blog to track my progress and, let's face it, hold me accountable to actually achieving this goal. I need a place to document my ideas and share my accomplishments.

Welcome to my blog! I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment