Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Pinterest Project 1

Remember that Pinterest Challenge I'm doing? Well, I finished my first project. I really loved this wreath I saw and wanted to brighten up my front door with a Springy wreath, too. Here's how mine turned out:


It took me all of 10 minutes since I actually reused the same wreath I used for Christmas, and Autumn before that {the holiday version had red and green yarn accents and some holly, which I used to replace the orange lilies and green accents for Fall}. What can I say? I'm just so efficient...


I dug around my fabric stash for the brightest, springiest patterns I could find and followed this tutorial to make the flowers. Throw it together with some hot glue and there you have it: my new Spring wreath. 

It's serving a nice, cheery purpose, though it seems a bit out of place since today we woke up to this:


Jason's response to the snow storm went something like this: "What would you do if it snowed until June? No, seriously. I think it might snow forever." The eternal optimist, that one.

2 comments:

  1. That is a lot of snow, what a Beautiful wreath in a sea of snow. Kinda warms the door. it came out really pretty. and only 10min wow. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! If only my own holiday wreath was so easily repurposed for spring. I guess now I'll have to spend tonight at home in my jammies, crafting a new one while I watch West Wing. I'm really upset.

    ReplyDelete