Tuesday, March 5, 2013

March Goals {& how february stacked up}

I've been setting small goals for myself at the beginning of the month, hoping the shorter time frame will make them more achievable. February went fairly well, although I still have work to do in the exercise department. I did limit my shopping, though, and only cheated to buy myself a new pair of flats {I chalked this up to necessity since the heels I was trying to pull off while teaching in the evenings were not agreeing with my swollen feet.} That's excusable, right? 

I also tried a few recipes last month that were, overall, pretty good. These oatmeal-quinoa bars didn't go over as well with the picky toddler portion of the household as I had hoped, but it was worth a try. I also made some carrot muffins {the recipe for which I won't even post because I had so few of the actual ingredients that they ended up being some sort of crazy adaptation that turned out just OK}. However, this pot roast was definitely a success. I haven't had much luck with roasts in the past, but this recipe is worth passing on. Easy, yummy. A winning combination.

Now for March:

1. Finish craft projects. Starting things is a strength of mine. Finishing them? Well, I'm gonna work on that this month.

2. Read. I have two books on my nightstand waiting to be finished, and a few more on my radar that I'd like to get started. 

3. Look up more. It freaks me out slightly to think that I'm having another baby next month. I'm realizing that my time with Gehrig as my only child is dwindling quickly. That being said, I want to enjoy my time with just him as much as possible and there are far too many useless distractions that tend to prevent that. So this month I'm going to limit my time on my phone and computer to nap/bed times so that I can really soak up these last months without a newborn.

That's all for now. What are some of your goals for the coming month?

2 comments:

  1. Just wanted to let you know that I nominated you for the Liebster Award!
    http://dimplesandpigtales.blogspot.com/2013/03/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Thanks, Amber! That's so sweet of you :)

      Delete