Tuesday, November 26, 2013

According to Gehrig

It's becoming evident to me that 3-year-olds {or going-on-3-year-olds} are some of the funniest human beings on the planet. Gehrig is constantly saying unexpected things that crack me up and, even though his stubbornly independent personality challenges me a lot, his ability to think for himself produces some real gems that I just had to share.


When Jason checked on him after bedtime, Gehrig reported what he was "dreaming" about-
"I dreamin' about baseball. And football. And Chuggington. I dream about a lot!"

Over the monitor from his room at 3am-
Gehrig: "MOOOMM, I need heeelp."
I stumble in, annoyed: "Help with what, Buddy?"
Gehrig: "Falling asleep."
{I melt}

While trying to speak in code to Jason-
Me: "It was on....Fix-it Manuel."
Gehrig: "No, mom, it's just Handy Manny!"

While Jason was putting him to bed the other night-
Gehrig: "Dad, can you keep me safe?"
Jason: "Safe from what, Buddy?"
Gehrig: "Mom."
Jason: "Haha. Are you being silly?"
Gehrig: "No. I not being silly. She really really scary."
{nice.}

Anytime we ask him to try new food-
"No thanks. I'm too little. I'm just a little boy."

And my favorite as of late-
"Apple juice goes all the way down to my belly and grows up into pee!"


Oh, and since I'm way behind the times, click the Bloglovin gadget to your left to follow me there. Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. I love him so much. He sure takes after his mom and dad with that wit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want more, please. It's only been five days since I was there and my heartstrings are feeling that old familiar tug!

    ReplyDelete