Thursday, January 24, 2013

Preggo Brain

Here are a few scenarios where I've noticed "pregnancy brain" is less than ideal:

1. While being a super-bossy-pants to your husband who promised to hang shelves for you a week ago, but even though you remember discussing the different design options at length and deciding very firmly you wanted it in a zig-zag pattern, you scold him and tell him to hang them in a step pattern because "that's what we agreed on." Poor, confused, affronted husband...

2. While playing Euchre. You will quickly put your partner and your opponents on edge with your constant, "Wait. What's trump?" and "Oh sh...oot. I didn't mean to play that!" and "Oops. Can I take that back?" and "That's not trump. Or is it?"

3. While calling your kid's doctor and saying something ridiculous like "Hi, my son is a son of the pediatricians and I'd like to make an appointment."

4. While administering a writing workshop with your students and, instead of flawlessly demonstrating your stellar writing skills, you labor for far too long over the spelling of "altogether." <--Is that even a word? The absence of the red squiggles tells me yes.

That's all for tonight. My absent mind can't think of any more.


1 comment:

  1. LOL Brenna! Thanks! Don't feel too bad on your comment to the pediatrician's office. I've overheard one of the nurses at our office tell a patient "Bye. I love you" absentmindedly to a random patient when hanging up the phone.

    ReplyDelete